Monday, April 11, 2011

THE MAKING OF UNCLE LOUIE: entry 37


We’ve been talking a lot about the weather conditions in Buffalo, New York. We’re leaving on Wednesday and wondering what to pack. The temperature has been fluctuating from a low 38 to a fluke high of 70. All I can say from memory is expect any type of weather in Buffalo. I was there during Easter week many years ago when it snowed heavy one night and laid a blanket of white all over the grounds of the city zoo clearly visible from my grandfather’s front window. I wondered about the animals and where they were being kept. The black iron picket fence surrounding the zoo with all the snow on the ground turned my eyeballs to ice. It was April in Buffalo and freezing outside.

1 comment:

  1. It amazes me to this day that my grandfather, Angelo Izzo, really did live across the street from the city zoo. Cool on top of cool on top of cool.

    ReplyDelete